Monday, May 31, 2010

The other way down Mt Granier

I think something has changed lately. About a year ago, if I ever went hiking I would just be waiting for the way down, as I found it much easier. Now, I find walking down extremely annoying... but this is probably because I've found a different way down !

Anyways, let me continue with my way down... I hesitated to take off in a very steep piece of land and land on the huuuuuuuge flat area below. Nah, still didn't really feel it, the steep take of area would end in a cliff so I'd be better off just keep walking down and don't look back.



Once arrived at the Col de l'Alpette, there was a slight face wind that would help me take off, it was pretty steep but there were only trees below.



And then I remembered how steep the way up was through the forest so I wasn't really keen on walking down anymore.
So here I go, I switch the camera on to find out that it was out of battery.. too bad ! Only pictures then...

Ready...



set...

Quick sms to pti Lu : "je vais décoller, si t'as pas de news dans 1h inquiète-toi. Je suis au Mt Granier" . Désolée pour le coup de flip, mais il fallait le faire !

... waiting for a slight face wind to show up....


and GO !


Perfect take off... nice flight over the forest...kinda windy up there but nothing too bad...




And although I landed kind of on my knees all was fine !

Anyhow, landing 20m from the car is priceless....

Sorry, no videos this time, some to come !

Heading back after a great day outdoors to meet Lucie and some other friends in Grenoble.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Chulo!! Pero la proxima vez tóma un video. Es que especialmente con paracaídas un video sería genial!

En que montaña estás? Lo siento pero no sé como que no he estado seguiendo tu blog últimamente!

Peró aixó cambiara ara mateix!

Nika said...

video coming...tranqui !

Unknown said...

no m'extranya que ja no t'agradi baixar...aquesta altre manera de baixar mola moltíssim!!! jeje jo ho he fet només dos cops i ni tant sols pilotava jo i em va encantar...com has après??? m'ensenyes i ens anem por allí juntes? porfi!!!
TEM cuida't i segueix fent coses tant guays com aquesta!!!

Ingrid

Mireia said...

eiiiisss, així q ara no t'agrada baixar muntanyes com a la resta de mortals, noooo??? doncs a mi tampoc! a mi m'agrada baixar-les rodolant fent la croqueta!! a vegades et claves alguna pedra als ronyons, o et menges un bassal (res més greu que el teu aterratge de genolls)...però és súper divertit! Ja veuràs, un dia ho provem juntes...però tu aixes primer, eh??? xd

Mireia said...

ai, q ara he vist q jo tampoc no havia posat lo del follow-up aquest, i dp no m'entero si em dius algo :$